Makes: about 2 cups okara and 1 cup soy milk
- 1/4 lb dried soy beans
- cheese cloth
- Rinse soy beans lightly. Strain the water.
- In a medium bowl, put soy beans and add 2 cups of water. Let them soak over night (8-10 hours).
- Strain the beans. The bean size should be almost as twice as the dried one.
- Prepare a bowl strainer, and cheese cloth.
- Take half of the beans, and blend with 1/2 cup water with blender, until beans are small grains. Sit it aside. Do the same thing for the rest of the beans.
- Bring 1 1/2 cup of water to boil in the pot.
- Add blended beans in the water.
- Bring the heat to high, mix it well with wooden spatula till right before it boils.
- Bring down the heat to low, keep mixing with 190F for about 8-10 minutes. Stay with it, because it very easy to burn the mixture, or it to get overflow.
- Take the mixture off the heat. And put it on top of the cheese cloths. Squeeze the liquid out from the mixture. Be careful. It is hot. You may want to let it cool first.
- There! The liquid is the Soy Milk. And the left over is the Okara!
Continue to Peek’s Baked Okara Donuts Recipe
Back to post